Monday, September 28, 2009

Nature Walk

Last week we plunged from 32 degrees on Monday - Wednesday to about 12 degrees on Thursday! Most people were pretty bummed about this ... I, on the other hand, look forward to fall's crisp sunny days. I thought it would be the perfect day to hit the Provincial Park (with my two sidekicks of course) and let them explore on one of the trails. Here are a few shots of the 'nature lovers' :)






Ainsley mostly wanted to run down the path as fast as she could ... Olivia preferred stopping to eat leaves, and listen to birds. They both enjoyed me hiding behind trees and jumping out at them : )

After our walk on the trail, we headed back closer to the playground. First we checked out the Peace Grove - which is a little monument to - you guessed it - peacekeeping : )




From there, we hit the playground! My brave daughter will now climb up the stairs, across the bridge, up onto the big platform and up to the big yellow slides and go down by herself!! She doesn't even care if I am there to catch her ... which, I did care about, so I made sure I was there to catch her anyway!! She is one determined little girl .... wonder who she takes after ?? ; )



Incidentally, I didn't get very many shots of actual playtime while at the park .. I was too busy chasing the girls around - mostly Ainsley - to make sure she didn't try and do something she couldn't handle!

Team PM & Ainsley

No comments: