Monday, October 5, 2009

Late update

I am overdue in updating my blog ... I haven't been myself for about a week now. I hurt my back (doing absolutely nothing, one of those weird, random things) and have been struggling just to get the basics done! I am slowly recovering, but it is taking longer than I expected. I'm at the point now where physical activity is a good thing, and laying down to rest my back every once in awhile helps me get through the day. I'm hoping to be 100% restored soon!!

That being said - a sore back does not mean that I haven't been taking photos! Ainsley continues to be the cutest 17 month old to be found. She is learning at an alarming rate and seems to understand more and more every day. It really is amazing to watch her grow and figure things out. She is very good at taking instructions now and almost always knows what we are telling her to do, and what she is/isn't supposed to be doing. Example: last night she accidentally knocked over one of the little speakers beside the tv - she knows not to touch these. She looked over at us to see what we were going to do, but we knew it wasn't done on purpose so we didn't say anything. She then turned back around, and dutifully stood the speaker back upright. It was super cute, and we were impressed that she knew to do this!

Here are some recent shots ... sporting a new vest from Grandma, playing in her tent downstairs and coming in the door from picking up Daddy from work.




On Saturday morning I went out to the big baby sale on base. When I came home I found Peter on the couch watching a movie, with Ainsley napping on him! This is so not like Ainsley - she isn't much of a cuddler, so you can imagine my surprise. She seems to be enjoying cuddle time more as she gets older - case in point! (Incidentally: Ainsley is a big drooler when she sleeps. Because of the way she was laying, Peter ended up having a trickle of drool all down into his armpit, ending in a pool on the couch!)



Later on, she decided to take a little break with Mommy - who was resting her back on the couch after a busy morning.


More photos to follow soon. We are off on our way to the park now!

Team PM & Ainsley

1 comment:

earlene said...

Great blog as usual! Your photos of Ainsley are so cute. She really is looking so much older in these last pictures. Sorry you are having trouble with your back.You do so much with both girls,that maybe just picking them up irritates it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!