Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The fence that Peter built

It would be an understatement to say that we've spent a lot of our summer working on our yard ... it seems that the work never ends! The fence was the one thing we were really anxious to finish up ... and its finally done! Ok, well not really - but we're all closed in at least. Peter still has a lot of finishing touches to do, including adding the lattice work on top of the fence, trimming the fence posts and adding the fence post caps. BUT - at least we can put Fletch and/or Ainsley out there to play and know that they can't wander off. Here are a few shots of the fence and yard, including our new canopy on the deck.







And a few pictures of Peter hard at work - he did most of the fence all by himself! I did help to screw in several of the boards, but he did all the planning, measuring, sawing and more! I knew I married him for a reason ; )



Aside from the grass we haven't done too much landscaping yet this year, but I do have a few things planted including an ash tree in the front yard, and a very tiny maple tree in the back.


Now don't go and get the idea that Peter has been working away all summer and I've just been sitting around watching! I've done some painting and I think the living room and kitchen are pretty much done being decorated now .. maybe a few more finishing touches to come - but here's the paint job.





We knew from past experience that having a house is a lot of work ... but having a brand new house is even more work! We're hoping to get our driveway done next year and then hopefully have a couple years to enjoy all of our efforts before we have to move on!

Team PM & Ainsley

3 comments:

earlene said...

Hi, That was a lot of fence to put up,or at least it looks like a lot in the photos. Love the colour of your room-you did a great job! Becky painted my dining room for me when she was here. I had the paint for a whole year and couldn't get motivated!! Its great that you include so many photos with your blogs,as it keeps us right up to date on your family. I love it.

Anonymous said...

awesome, very nice job on the fence, it looks to me like a lot of work for one guy. I like the colors for your paint, it all blends so nicely together. You now need to fill your backyard with several more children!!
mom

Team PM said...

Thanks Earlene! And yes, it was a lot of fence to build - it is a huge yard, which is great ... but it sure has taken a lot of work to get it done!

Mom - we'll work on those 'several more children' ...

: )