Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Last week & my birthday

Last week Peter was away in Toulouse and was supposed to spend Thursday night in Northern England. However, on the way back from Toulouse the plane's windscreen cracked and they had to make an emergency landing at Boscombe. So, he was home on Thursday instead of Friday. In the meantime, I decided to go north and stay with our friends Dave & Kristy for a few days. Fletch and I headed up there on Tuesday and planned to stay until Friday, but we came home one day early to see Peter. While in Milton Keynes Kristy took me to the American base for some good 'ol North American groceries! It was great! I got some 'real' peanut butter (not the oily goo the Brits call peanut butter), some KD, and a bunch of other great stuff. Its amazing how much I've taken little things for granted that its such a treat to have them again! They have a great place up there - complete with horses across the street! In the picture you can see Kristy, Lily (who is still very unsure of the horses) and Flynn.

On Saturday we celebrated my birthday by heading to Longleat for a drive through a safari park! It was a good time .. there were camels, zebras, giraffes, lions, tigers, Canadian wolves, monkeys (who crawled all over the car) etc. We then headed to Pizza Express for dinner ... I know that sounds like a really bad, fast food-ish type joint, but its actually more like a posh pizza parlour with all kinds of specialty pizzas. Oh, and the best part of my birthday was the chocolate chip pancakes Peter made me for breakfast - a tradition in our house .. and thanks to the American base this was possible! Yay Aunt Jemima! I also got a new silver, Fossil watch which was a good surprise. I had seen in it in the duty free shop while we were on our Cruise, I did not know that Peter had gone back to buy it for me - and he kept it a secret all this time .. he's so strong!







There's not much going on this week ... though now that I'm pretty much back to my normal energy I've been keeping busy cleaning and cooking and walking with Fletch. The weather here has been beautiful, sunny and crisp, usually about 10-12 degrees - I LOVE it! Tomorrow Peter & I head to the Salisbury hospital for my first ultrasound! We are really looking forward to this - we will hear our baby's heartbeat and hopefully be able to make out an image on the screen. Can't wait for that - I'll post again tomorrow to let you all know how it went : )

Team PM & tadpole

No comments: