Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pregnancy update

I have been putting off the next two blog postings I have in mind ... I know that both will require more effort than I am willing to contribute right now! But, I thought I'd start with the easier of the two and see what happens.

First, a pregnancy update: I am now 14 weeks pregnant, feeling pretty good most of the time, but I still have some issues with my appetite at dinner time. Not that my appetite isn't there - I just don't like the thought of eating anything! I have started to show - I think I am about the same size I was at about 20 weeks the last time I was pregnant. So, for me, the tale that you will show faster the second time around is proving to be true : )


I have booked my ultrasound for April 26th - its sad that in Alberta you generally only have one routine ultrasound for pregnancy. When pregnant with Ainsley (in the UK) I got to have one at both 12 weeks and 20 weeks. Since I can't have an ultrasound to see what the baby looks like at this point, this is the next best thing for me.


This is a photograph of a 14 week old baby in utero that I found online. Knowing that my baby is currently the size of half a banana, but whose heart is beating at 166 bpm (which I heard steady and strong at my last doctor appt.), and he/she has fully developed organs and is breathing and moving and growing - makes me so excited! I feel so blessed to have another new life inside me, and already I am feeling those pangs of a Mothers love for her baby. It is amazing to me that after I heard that heartbeat and knew that my child was in there - my heart changed. Not that I wasn't excited before, but its hard to feel excited for something that doesn't quite feel real. With Ainsley I didn't hear her heartbeat until I was about 25 weeks pregnant; never did I hear at such an early stage the sounds of my child living inside me. It is quite a special feeling and I hope I never forget it.

I will try and muster up the energy to write the next blog within a few days ... it will be all about our trip to Jacksonville, which means lots of pictures, which means lots of effort ... I will try!!

Team PM, Ainsley & tadpole #2

No comments: