Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Update

Not much to actually update, but its been awhile since I've posted anything. We've had a busy few weeks ... always something going on it seems. Last weekend we bought new living room furniture - that was very exciting! We are picking up the sofa and loveseat today, the chair and ottoman are being delivered at a later date because they weren't in stock. So, finally we will be able to entertain a little more ... though with a new baby coming soon entertaining may have to take a back seat.

Our other shopping adventure last weekend was to the very famous (around here anyway) Baby Sale at the Military Family Resource Center on base. Everyone told us that it was a great place to get good deals on baby stuff, so we were definitely going to check it out. The doors opened at 10 am so we figured that if we arrived at a few minutes to ten we should get in when the selection was at its prime. Well, that plan would have worked if there wasn't already a lineup of about 250-300 people when we got there! We were literally in shock. However, giant lineup aside we still managed to get in and get some really great deals. Peter got in line almost immediately to pay for a Jolly Jumper on a stand because you had to pay for big stuff first before moving on to the clothing and toy section. Meanwhile, I made my way into a room that was about the size of a small gymnasium. It was lined with tables upon tables piled with clothes! I ended up buying a TON of baby clothes, mostly for next fall/winter - everything was really good quality and in great shape. Peter went ahead of me to the toy section and picked out a bunch of books, puzzles and some other toys as well. We ended up spending about $100 for all of it ... so it was a good shopping day. Did I mention that the new furniture we bought was 50% off?! Yeah, good weekend for deals ...

I am now 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant ... could happen anytime! The doctor was pleased with my progress and told me that I was moving around really well for someone this advanced in my pregnancy, so that was a nice compliment. He also said that I was all belly, which will hopefully make postpartum recovery easier on me. So now its just a waiting game before our little girl makes her entrance - I am hoping for sooner rather than later, but trying not to get too impatient just yet : )

Team PM & tadpole

No comments: