Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cowboys & Indians

Last Saturday night Peter & I were invited to join our friends, the Colbournes, for a rodeo! How could we pass up that opportunity?? I have to say that we were both a lot more impressed than we thought we'd be ... there were over 1000 people there and the bullriding was so cool to see in real life. I never imagined that I would react with screams and shrieks as I watched these men get bucked off and stomped on, kicked or even 'horned'! It was our first real dose of small town western culture ... complete with Cowboys & Indians (or to be politically correct, Cowboys & Natives ... )

Peter & Caleb ... Caleb wasn't too sure what to think of all the commotion.




Cowboy who got hurt ... someone had to explain to him what happened because he couldn't remember - we think he ended up with a concussion. Oh, and previous to this injury he had been slammed into the side of the boards as the bull horned him in the torso ... why do people do this again ???


As for me .. I will be 38 weeks on Sunday. The doctor is happy with how everything is going and thinks I will have a small baby - yay! I'm still feeling pretty good, but I'm starting to find it hard to sleep and get comfortable. I've also been having Braxton Hicks contractions (also called practice contractions) that are painless, but extremely uncomfortable. It is exciting to know that my body is getting ready and anticipating the birth. The baby's movements are very strong now since she is getting so big. It is often uncomfortable as she shifts around and I normally have to shift around myself to get comfortable while she does whatever it is she is doing! Her favorite time of day to get going is about 9 or 10pm now - its like clockwork! Its great too since that is the time I am usually getting settled into bed ; ) As always, we're super excited to meet her and to get on with the next phase of this whole process. Our other pregnant friends just had their baby boy on Tuesday ... so I am next in line now!




Team PM & tadpole

No comments: