Thursday, February 22, 2007

Leaving on a jetplane .. pt. 3

I know, I know, the title is getting redundant - but can I help it for having to travel alot ; )

I am getting ready to head over to England again, I leave tomorrow evening and will arrive at Heathrow bright and early Saturday morning. This time it is just a week long trip due to my winter break week from school. Our initial plan was for Peter to meet me at the airport, and instead of us going home, we were going to spend Saturday in London, go see a show, and explore the sites. However, I've unfortunately caught a terrible cold and we've decided to postpone the London trip in case I don't feel up to it. If I do feel okay, we may train in on Saturday afternoon and stay overnight and then have Sunday to explore ... so it may still work out for us to see (some of) the sites of London!

The good news is that we do have internet at home now, so I will be able to regularly update the blog etc ... there is still no tv ... and its such a long and complicated story that I won't bore you - let's just say they do things 'differently' in the UK. The tv is supposed to be connected next Saturday (the day I leave to come back home) ... we'll see if that actually happens - for Peter's sake we hope it will. There is a small convenience store near our house, they sell grocery items, and have a small movie section in the back of the store. Peter has been entertaining himself by renting movies almost every night (they only cost 99p) ... unfortunately though, he's down to some pretty poor movie choices as he has rented or already seen all the good ones. He really needs the tv to come so that he isn't forced to rent really bad movies, or chick flicks to keep himself occupied ... I am bringing some DVD's from home for us to watch so that should help fill in some of the gaps until the tv is connected.

Well - I will keep you updated on what we're up to while I am away .. and since Peter has more time off now, there is sure to be some great adventures had!

Team PM

No comments: