Wednesday, January 17, 2007

And so it begins ...

Well, Peter is into the thick of his school work, and its only been a week since the course actually started! The first week was more administrative, and then last week the real work began ... including a calculus exam that covered more material than Peter had done in his first semester of University calculus! At least he had done that material before, unlike some of his more unfortunate classmates ... needless to say, the class average wasn't too high at 65%.

The good news is that he's moved into our new place, and things seem to be going well, other than the fact that is rather quiet since there is not yet any cable hooked up for television watching, nor internet access. There isn't even a radio. Good thing for Peter I'm heading over on Friday, and for those of you who know me well, you know I can chat it up .. so that should liven up the place a bit! I've included a picture of the exterior of the house ... I will be taking plenty of photographs while I am there and I will be sure to post them.


When I head over on Friday, our first order of business is to head to Ikea in Bristol, about an hour away, and get some bedding and towels etc ... Peter brought one set of sheets with him, which included a pillowcase, but no pillow. So, his alternative was to ball up some clothes and stuff them inside the pillowcase to use as a makeshift sort of pillow ... well, I need a real pillow! So, we will be heading straightaway to Ikea to get the necessities for a comfortable sleep.


Well, I will sign off now ... I will try to add some posts while I am away, but I can't promise anything - so please don't get your hopes up : )


Team PM

No comments: