Tuesday, February 26, 2008

30 weeks down, 10 (or so) to go!

I am now 30 weeks pregnant (and 2 days to be exact). I was at the doctor yesterday and will now be seeing him every 2 weeks until I get to 36 weeks. Everything with the baby is fine .. he thinks she weighs almost 3 lbs. now! I have to go for some more testing next week just to ensure that my glucose levels aren't too high. I've also been gaining weight alot more rapidly in the last few weeks than I have throughout the entire pregnancy! Since my last appointment 3 weeks ago, I've gained 6 lbs.! My total weight gain is still only 19 lbs. so I am gaining just the right amount, according to my doctor. He said that this is the time when the baby starts collecting fat under her skin, and this is why mothers often gain much quicker in the last trimester. Anyway ... I've got baby on the brain almost constantly these days, so I find it hard to write about much else ; ) We did receive our crib, and it is all set up and ready to go - we still need a lot more stuff, but we're getting there.




Peter is in Winnipeg this week .. on course ... again! He is completing a 'High Altitude Indoctrination' course. Now, why he has to do this since he already has 100 flying hours in fast jets - at high altitude - we're not really sure! He just does what he's told is all ... he'll be home on Friday. His winter survival course went well ... it ended up being a lot more cushy than he thought it would be. He was given rations to eat everyday - not just the gummies. And, he was given a sleeping bag and part of a parachute to use as a tarp for his shelter. He did have a hard time sleeping since it was quite cold (-24 the first night) .. but he did ok. He had several tasks to complete to keep him busy. One was to build a signal fire - it worked so well that a helicopter flew over him! Once they realized he was just practicing they waved and flew away. On the third and last morning they were given pancakes and sausage for breakfast in the little DND cabin that was in the area - this is where the guys were staying who were checking up on him, and the other two 'survivors'. He smelled like campfire when he came home - and was super dirty ... but he seemed to enjoy the experience.

We're still having really nice weather here - sunny, warm and melty every day! Fletch is really enjoying having his naps outside on the snow in the warm sun - and, sometimes, even he finds it bright : )




Team PM & tadpole

No comments: