Thursday, June 28, 2007

London revisited

Rick, Sharon and I visited London on the 20th of June and had a very long, but fun day. I had a little cold starting so I wasn't feeling great all day, but I survived. We first visited the British Museum where we saw tons of artefacts from Asia, and Africa as well as Roman and Greek stuff. Being the museum geek that I am, I ended up taking more pictures of how things were mounted/supported than anything else. I was in awe of the way some of the large marble artefacts were supported and displayed - it was pretty cool. After having lunch there, we left and found our way to Hyde Park. We walked all through the park where we engaged in some silliness, some pretty scenery and some horses.




We also visited the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain. We took a few minutes to check it out; Rick and Sharon decided to dip their feet in the water, which was freezing - as you can tell from their facial expressions!



From there we walked over to Kensington Palace where Sharon and I went in to see the exhibit on Princess Diana, Princess Margaret and walked through the State Apartment where past royals have lived. It was pretty impressive, but still not as grand as some of the other places I saw in Europe (ie. Versailles!). We jumped on the tube and headed to Harrods Knightsbridge store after leaving the park. It was starting to get close to dinner at this point, so we were becoming a tad lethargic, but we still had time to check out some hats and dresses in the ladies boutique - my favorite dress was on sale for 3700 GBP ... good thing I bought my dress for the Garden Party before leaving Ottawa! We went to Piccadilly Circus for dinner and ended up at Planet Hollywood ... then it was time to head home ... a very fun day! Rick and Sharon went back to London the next day where they went on a Rock 'n Roll tour, as well as saw the show 'Wicked' ... I stayed in bed with a fever :(

Team PM

No comments: