Saturday, May 26, 2007

Landed ; )

Fletch and I are now in England! After dropping Fletch off around 3:30 to AC Cargo in Ottawa, my parents took me up to the terminal to check in etc. The flight took off about 15 minutes late, but then arrived almost 30 minutes early! That was nice, I was ready to be off that plane and anxious to get to Fletch. Although, I have to say that the new Boeing 767's with in-seat on demand movies/tv/music is pretty cool ... I watched two movies and listened to some music. I also sat next a guy who works for the UN - he was on his way to Rwanda! He was telling me alot about working there for the past 5 years ... so that made the time go by.

Once I met up with Peter after collecting my baggage and getting through customs we drove home to drop off my stuff, we got home at 8 am. As soon as we got home I called the people who were handling Fletch to see when he would be ready. The woman told me he had passed the DEFRA regulations and had already been inspected by the federal vet and that he would be ready by 8:45! WOW - that was fast we said. So, we pretty much went right back out the door and got to the Animal Reception Center about 9:45. Needless to say, Fletch was super excited to see us, mostly Peter, and as such he piddled on their floor ; ) We got him outside on some grass to play ball and run around a bit while we took his crate apart and put it in our car - it fit perfectly! We were a little worried that it might not fit.

Now, we are back home: Fletch has thoroughly inspected the house (which is, by the way, a complete mess thanks to Peter living alone for 5 months!), then we took Fletch to play some ball at a very nearby dog run ... now he is laying down and finally ready to sleep I think.

We just wanted to keep you all posted and I'll write more when I've had some sleep! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers, the process could not have gone smoother.

Team PM

4 comments:

Jocelyne Anne said...

Thank GOD a million times. I am so happy and relieved that you both arrived safely. Now you know that Fletch can fly like a pro and you won't be so nervous when you come back.
My love is with you - all three of you.
xxx

Jocelyne Anne said...

P.S. thanks for posting so fast,
was waiting anxiouslyxxx

Anonymous said...

Hurray...I am so happy that your trip went well and that Fletch was handled with such care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret, Great to hear that you & Fletch arrived safely. Please say hello to Dave & Becky for me. I miss them here but hope they have a great time in the UK with you & Peter. Love to all of you.