Monday, April 30, 2007

Bye, bye Algonquin ...



School is done!!! YAY!! I am very happy to have completed the AMS program, and am also proud to say that I enjoyed it, made a lot of friends, learned alot, and was a really good student. I managed to stay on the Dean's list for the first 3 semesters, and am waiting to hear about this last semester, though I am pretty sure that I will still be on it. It is quite an acheivement and I am so glad that I went back to school and stayed with it through all the very frustrating times we had during the program. Some neat skills I learned aside from the more theoretical/museum based knowledge include: table saw, bandsaw, compound mitre saw, drill press, router, glass/acrylic cutting, sign vinyl, mat cutting and framing, and tons of artefact cleaning and treatment procedures. Kinda neat stuff, for the most part. I can now say that I would be able to find my way around a wood shop - maybe not with great expediency, but I could still do it!! (And for those of you wondering, I did learn a lot of other stuff too that is more obviously related to museum work than a wood shop!)

I am happy that this phase of life is over, and am really looking forward to starting the next - moving to England!!

Peter made it safely back to England yesterday (well, early this morning) and is trying to stay awake today to finish the work he needs to do. We are starting to count down the days now for when we will be able to live under the same roof again. That being said, we are thankful that the last few months have gone smoothly, and really really fast!!

Team PM

No comments: