Monday, April 23, 2007

5 weeks and counting ...

In just under 5 weeks I will be heading to England. I am finally starting to get excited about the transition ... now that school is just about done, I have some time to consider the fact that I am going to LIVE IN ENGLAND!! Its nuts .. the best part is that I get to live with Peter again. The last few months have been quite an adjustment for us, but we've done pretty well I think. And, as previously UNexpected, Peter gets to come home a second time to help out with the move this week....so he'll be here on Thursday afternoon for about 4 days.


That being said .. I am very sad that this is my second last night in my house. I will miss living here alot, and have become very attached to this place - our very first home .. sniff sniff ..

On Wednesday we have the packers/loaders for our International shipment coming to take the stuff that will be sent to England. This is mostly kitchen stuff that wasn't provided in the UK house, as well as some furniture including our computer desk and my big easy chair. The house in Amesbury is adequately furnished, we're just taking some stuff for additional comfort/convenience : ) Then, on Thursday the Domestic packers come - this is all the rest of our stuff that will be going into storage; Friday the moving truck comes to take all that stuff to the storage warehouse. Seeing the moving truck was exciting the last time we moved (I couldn't wait to get out of that apartment in Barrie!) .. but I don't think I will be as excited this time .. I am starting to feel pretty sad about leaving Ottawa.

So .. as you can see the next few days are very busy ones for me, and Peter once he arrives. After that, I'll have some time to relax before Fletch and I head over to England. Don't even get me started on the stress associated with that voyage ...

Team PM

No comments: