Thursday, February 19, 2009

Adventures in naptime

Now that Ainsley has learned to crawl, sit up, roll over etc., she has discovered what fun her crib can be when I put her in there to nap. Over the last week she has decided that playing in bed for 10-15 minutes before going to sleep is a necessity. She has a few bears and other stuffed creatures in her crib that are neatly placed at one end. Yet, each time I get her up from her nap (or check on her during her nap), these poor animals have been tossed, rolled, crumpled and squished and end up in a new corner of the crib, or stuck between the crib and the wall ... or stuck underneath Ainsley's now 18 lb. body. And not only are her animals askew, but Ainsley too finds herself asleep in the most unusual, and uncomfortable looking positions - I could not pull them off in my sleep even if I wanted to! Recently I have been trying to capture some of these sleepy adventures on camera .. thankfully I have a very sound sleeper on my hands, so this has been easy. First, some photos of Ainsley sleeping after she had flopped over from a sitting up position:



Just now, in fact, while I was in the middle of writing this blog entry, I found Ainsley in her crib like this:



She is unknowingly providing a lot of entertainment for her parents ... we enjoy waiting for her to fall asleep and then sneaking in to her room to see just where she has managed to end up. This morning when she first got up, we were greeted with the best bedhead I have seen in a long time - I had to share it!




I think she's going to have crazy hair like her Mom : )

On a sidenote: Peter's surgery went very well on Tuesday and he is back to work today! He plans on working a half day today since he still finds it hard to sit up for extended periods of time. Tonight I will be taking Ainsley to see the Watoto Childrens' Choir - I think she will really enjoy the music; should be fun ; )

Team PM & Ainsley

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is insane, it looked like my hair when I was sick in bed for those days in Feb. I don't think I could fall asleep like that either, it is wild.
Really cute. I love the pictures.