Sunday, June 1, 2008

Time really does fly!

Hard to believe that today is the first of June! Ainsley will be one month old tomorrow. The first month of parenthood has gone pretty well, and we are not as sleep deprived as we thought we'd be! Ainsley is a very good eater, and sleeper - she is now sleeping for 5.5 - 6 hour stretches at night which is very good for Mommy & Daddy. Last Wednesday she weighed in at 7 lbs. so she has now surpassed her birthweight and I honestly think I can notice her size changing almost daily! Things that fit her last week are now getting too small ... I guess I can now start to believe all those people who told me she'd 'grow like a weed'. And because she's getting bigger she was able to wear her first dress to church today.


She also had her first bottle of expressed milk this week ... this makes going out much more convenient - plus then Daddy can feed her too ; )


My parents visit went very well and it was so nice to have them here to show them around Cold Lake, to meet our friends, visit our church - and of course, to spend time with their new granddaughter. I think they enjoyed themselves ; ) My mom also got to come along to a shower that my friend Julia threw for Ainsley & I.




While my parents were here Ainsley received a special gift in the mail from my Uncle Roland and his family ... they made her a chair for her dolls and teddy bears - but of course, since she's so tiny we had to sit her in it for just a second : )


We're off to Ottawa this month and starting to really look forward to the trip ... despite the potential difficulties of travelling with an infant. We'll keep you posted!

Team PM & Ainsley

No comments: